Ad Code

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

exotic glock

Exotic Glock - It's not often that we are given the opportunity to review a custom weapon here at TFB. Not only are they expensive and in high demand, but they don't require additional exposure because they sell them. So when Tran Tactical Innovations gave us the opportunity to borrow a fully customized GLOCK G17L Combat Master, it was a virtual struggle to get the job done. Since I fight dirty and don't like to lose, I won (James is a hobbyist and all, but I know his weak points). Finally, I played John Wick for a few weeks, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

A quick analogy: I'll waste little time talking about the inevitable comparisons of the Combat Master's unique features and style to the stock GLOCK 17L. It's a competition-ready weapon that includes premium upgrades for shooters who want to squeeze every ounce of performance from a stable platform. The analogies are countless: Rolex vs. Suwonto, BMW M3 vs. Toyota Camry, Brooks Brothers vs. Men's Warehouse, hot dog with mustard vs. hot dog with ketchup. You get the idea.

Exotic Glock

Exotic Glock

But first, a little story. About eight years ago I started getting sick of the GLOCK magazine extensions on my G26. My favorite and most reliable compact carry pistol had a problem - my +2 mag baseplates would bite my thumb with every shot, which could lead to blood clots. After searching for something new for a few months, I settled on a pair of stylish aluminum extensions that look functional and comfortable.

Zev Built Glock 19

However, since this extension will be a service weapon, I had some questions about its reliability. I picked up the phone and called the company looking for some reassurance. After 20 minutes of talking, I ordered four base pads for my G26 and G17. What I didn't realize at the time was that the voice on the other end of the phone wasn't an anonymous tech support agent: it was Tran Butler himself.

Fast forward nearly a decade, I'm still wearing the same base pads, aesthetically a little worse for wear, but functionally reliable. And apparently, Tran Tactical Innovations' customer service hasn't changed either. In the firefighting industry, it's easier to target those who enjoy their work than those who are just going through the motions. People at TTI are easy going. From a team that regularly trains Hollywood A-listers, is staffed by champion shooters, and makes high-quality guns and accessories, it would be easy to dismiss just one reviewer under them. On the contrary, the nice people at TTI are a real pleasure to talk to.

The base gun is obviously a GLOCK 17L and the complete package ships with three magazines in the original box. Each magazine is equipped with a +5 TTI magazine extension and spring. The original cleaning kit, lock and documents are included in the box.

The long slide 17 is a bit of a rarity - rumor has it that GLOCK only produces the proverbial "hand cannon" every year or two. So if you've yet to see one in person, without being too dramatic, it's kind of impressive.

Ambidextrous 2 Gun Shoulder Holster For 9mm 40 45 Pistols

With a viewing radius of nearly nine inches, the G17L was born with accuracy in mind. Also, according to Inch by Ballistics, a six-inch barrel offers nearly a 10% increase in velocity over a 4.5-inch barrel.

One piece of equipment I wish I had access to is the scale - I'm guessing the Warmaster is lighter than the stock 17L, but I'm not sure by how much.

The TTI G17L is a beautiful and clean weapon. And I say this as a shooter who doesn't like external cuts, hides or drawings that have no purpose. The front and back serrations are shallow enough to be subtle but also sharp enough to be useful in sweaty hands or under pressure. Starting or pulling the slide is done with confidence.

Exotic Glock

The TTI fiber optic front sight is bright enough in full sunlight to be impressive. It seems a bit long to pick it up against a white target over a black target, but I'm used to the standard three-dot night sight setup. With time and ammunition, I found that the fiber optic sight was much faster.

Custom Laser Engraved Copper Glock Slide Back Plate Customco

Of course, in total darkness, the foreground disappears, but show me a pistol scenario involving a pitch-black room and I'll show you a bunch of terrified onlookers.

The Grandmaster grip texture (silicon carbide) is no joke; It's almost as if the Combat Master frame lights up like a skateboard deck at night and on weekends. If you plan to carry this concealed weapon in and out or inside a waist holster, I would be concerned about it getting caught in clothing. But with a comfortable, solid grip, this TTI pistol is virtually welded to your hand.

Seriously, at 110% humidity (I like to exaggerate for effect), the Warmaster showed no sign of movement in my sweaty hands (that's what it is).

The undercut is a feature I wish GLOCK would include in their factory pistols, especially the subcompact models. TTI did a great job designing and implementing their undercut trigger in the Combat Master. It's functional and very clean - check out the fully embedded Taran "T" on the front strap.

Exotic Handgun (glk)

Which brings me to the overall art of the slide and frame. The TTI G17 Combat Master is as perfect as it gets when you talk about GLOCK mods. Each area has been carefully refined, possibly based on the TTI team's first-hand competition experience. Nothing is missing or redundant - there is a reason for every update.

Look for an aftermarket trigger that TTI uses on these builds - there isn't one. The Combat Master's interior has a custom trigger that will give you flashbacks to the days when you were learning to shoot with a "surprise interval." The trigger is battery-free and if I had to guess, I'd say it weighs about half the stock GLOCK - maybe 3 pounds, but I'll check with TTI for a more accurate number.

Yes, the magazine well is as big as it looks in the pictures. Remember, this is a competition-oriented racing pistol: a large, flared magazine lends itself well to quick reloads, but also serves as a platform for remarkably comfortable placement. . Reloading is quick and you start to feel like a professional competitor after a few practice rounds.

Exotic Glock

During a recent training day, I took the TTI G17L Combat Master for a spin with some random factory magazines and some Vickers Tactical wide baseplates. It should come as no surprise that certain areas of marketing do not work well with TTI Magazine. Like any good competitor, proper performance checks and field testing are required before putting anything into service, even for something as small as a motherboard.

Glock 30 Owb Leather Holster

As I mentioned at the beginning, TTI baseplates remain my favorite aftermarket version for GLOCKs. They are smooth and rugged, reliable, and have a little extra weight that helps the magazine drop easily.

The stock barrel coated with gold ions is easy to clean and resists blade wear very well. I'm not usually a fan of colored barrels, but this one is light.

At six inches, the G17L barrel begged to be threaded and dropped into a smaller GLOCK with a silencer. Unfortunately, I avoided breaking out the Dremel.

Most of the residue seen in the picture above was cleaned with a rag and some solvent. The ion bond treated barrel does its job well.

Rt/brn/owb/ Glock 40

I would know nothing about the competitive shooting market. However, I feel like I know a quality blaster when I shoot one. This TTI G17 was a precision and performance 9mm wading machine.

For about a month, 750-1000 rounds and in various weather conditions, the TTI G17L Combat Master did not experience a single failure. And it wasn't for lack of trying: at one point during a particularly dusty range session, I stopped to email TTI to make sure it was correct that I didn't have a Combat Master breed. Zero objection from TTI head office.

I got the green light to use (not abuse) the gun as I saw fit. That meant reloading drills, exchanging magazines, shooting behind obstacles, from the 1.5-yard line, from the 100-yard line, calling, and in and out of competition-style holsters. The battle master was flawless.

Exotic Glock

I've used a variety of ammo, from JHP carry cartridges to dealing FMJs, the Tran Tactical build has captured them all with gusto. My favorite is Federal Premium's new 150g Syntech round. Low recoil, no smoke or debris recoil and works great on steel targets.

Concealable 2.0 Belt Holster

It was an honor

Nerf glock, pellet glock, glock tattoo, glock holsters, key glock, exotic, glock lock, glock drawing, glock sights, glock holster, glock smile, glock pdf

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Recent Comments

Ad Code